Friday, January 13, 2012

Mole Lab!

I've been sick! I'm back now, and even though I missed this lab, some of my classmates were kind enough to lend me their data. I've also had this lab explained to me, so allow me to explain it to you!

The class separated into different groups and were given different containers of different elements. It's all different. You have no information on anything about the element other than how many moles it has. So! You take the elements in their containers and weigh them! You now have the number of moles and the weight of every element.

Now you take the weight of grams divided by the number of moles. Once you have gathered this number you compare it to a periodic table. It should match up with just one element of the table, and there you go! You have found your element!

I promise my next lab write-up will be better because I won't be dead or dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment